Working in a small dynamic development Organisation, you will work on a new greenfield project which consists of a React frontend and a PHP backend. You’ll work in an Agile Development environment taking ownership of the software you build but also be an active member of the Technology Operations Team, collaborating with other developers to ensure standards are kept high and improvements are made.
To be successful for the role you MUST have the following commercial experience:
- A good technical programmer driven and fascinated by users; keen to research, learn, test and iterate every step of the way.
- Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines working at pace and within a changing environment.
- Ability to work within a team and individually on own initiative.
- Experience as a AWS Engineer, with Terraform and with DevOps tooling e.g. Ansible, Packer, Jenkins etc..
- Experience developing with PHP Laravel.
- Experience of working on products and services with multiple touchpoints. For example, designing journeys that may begin on mobile and move to the web portal.
- Commercial experience of In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment.
- Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team working capabilities.
- Writing clean, tested and maintainable code for a variety of business-critical projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A strong sense of pride and accountability.
- Able to manage workload and prioritise effectively.
- Being an advocate for writing best-practice, robust, scalable and tested code.
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility.
- Able to project a professional image.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to work as part as a team or individually.
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to influence people both internally and externally.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a commercial software development company.
Our office is based just outside of Buckshaw Village, near Chorley. Just a few minutes’ walk from Buckshaw Village train station or M6 and M61 motorway.