Senior Front-End Developer
Working in a small dynamic development Organisation, you will work on a new greenfield project which consists of a React frontend and a PHP backend. You’ll work in an Agile Development environment taking ownership of the software you build but also be an active member of the Technology Operations Team, collaborating with other developers to ensure standards are kept high and improvements are made.
To be successful for the role you MUST have the following commercial experience::
- A good technical programmer driven and fascinated by users; keen to research, learn, test and iterate every step of the way.
- Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines working at pace and within a changing environment.
- Ability to work within a team and individually on own initiative.
- Experience developing on the front-end with ReactJS.
- Experience of working on products and services with multiple touchpoints. For example, designing journeys that may begin on mobile and move to the web portal.
- Commercial experience of In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment.
- Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
- Experience developing mobile-apps in React Native.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in a daily SRUM stand ups.
- Contributing to the software design specification, development planning and development retrospectives.
- Keeping your own code base documentation updated.
- Liaising with development manager to understand the direction of the business.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team working capabilities.
- Writing clean, tested and maintainable code for a variety of business-critical projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A strong sense of pride and accountability.
- Able to manage workload and prioritise effectively.
- Being an advocate for writing best-practice, robust, scalable and tested code.
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute outside direct areas of responsibility.
- Able to project a professional image.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to work as part as a team or individually.
- Tactful and diplomatic, able to influence people both internally and externally.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a commercial software development company.
Our office is based just outside of Buckshaw Village, near Chorley. Just a few minutes’ walk from Buckshaw Village train station or M6 and M61 motorway.
Perks and benefits on offer to the successful PHP Developer include:
- Apple Mac Environment.
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans.
- Flexible working.
- Budget for training and development.
- Unlimited Nespresso coffee.
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays).
- Employee discount scheme with ComputerShare.
- Nest Pension Scheme.
- £150 contribution for eye tests and glasses/contact lenses.
- Relaxed dress code.
- Regular paid social events.