This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information which we may collect when you contact our company to enquire about any of our services.
Who are we?
Industria Systems UK Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ECO Surv, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Industria Systems UK Ltd is a company registered in England (registration number 08573848). Our trading name is ECO Surv. We are located at:
First Floor Building N3
Chorley Business & Technology Centre
Who to contact?
You can contact our Data Protection Manager by email or mail. The contact details are:
Industria Systems UK Ltd
First Floor, N1
Chorley Business & Technology Centre
Scope of this Privacy Notice
The privacy notice gives you information on how we collect and process your personal data when:
- You register to use any of our products or services or you contact us to enquire about any of our products or services
- You use our Mobile App or use our websites
- We provide you with products or services or you make an enquiry to us
- We send marketing information to you about our products and services
What information do we collect about you?
The categories of information that we collect about you include:
- Identity data (including first name, last name, middle name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender).
- Contact details (including email address, office address and telephone numbers).
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage of the website and Mobile App (including information about how you use our website, platform, products and services)
- Marketing and Communications Data (including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences)
- Profile Date (includes your username and password, purchases of services or products made by you or the business you work for from us
- Social media information posted by or relating to you
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not “personal data” as this data does reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We may receive your personal information from:
- Direct Interactions with you: you may provide us with your Identity and Contact Data by completing forms on our websites or Mobile App or by corresponding with us by post, telephone, email or otherwise;
- Third parties: Such as social networks and email service providers. Our website includes functionality that, with your consent, may permit our website to interact with third-party services or websites with which you have a social media or email account. If you post information on a third-party website or service that references our Website (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Industria Systems UK Ltd Limited or ECO Surv in a tweet or status update), we may publish this information on our websites or publications.
How will we use the information about you and what is the lawful basis for processing?
We will only process your personal information when we have a lawful basis for doing so. We have set out below a description of the ways that we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
We will use the information about you to:
- Provide products and services that you have requested. The lawful basis for processing in connection with this purpose/ activity is the performance of a contract with you.
- Manage a contract with you or the organisation you represent including account management and collecting monies owed.
- Respond to your enquiries/provide you with information about services. The lawful basis for processing in connection with this purpose/ activity is the performance of a contract.
- Continually improve our customer service including the website.We consider that this is necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- Support the marketing of our products and services including to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to tell you about updates to our services. We consider that this is necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business).
- To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data). We consider that this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) and necessary to comply with a legal obligation
We may also use your personal information where we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law (including court order).
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage, and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you or the organisation you work for. This is how we decide which products, services, and offers may be relevant (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us ,purchased products or services from us and/or you have not opted out of receiving that marketing or because we have a legitimate interest to send marketing materials to you which is not overridden by your interests. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time and, if we are relying on consent to market to you, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We will not share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by us or any relevant third party, please contact the Data Protection Manager (details above).
With whom do we share your information?
We may also share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers (acting as processors) who provide IT and system administration services and support.
- Professional advisers (acting as processors or joint controllers) including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities (acting as processors or joint controllers) based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where is your information held?
We store your information using cloud services provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS), using secure cloud storage which includes firewall and cyber security measures that are certified compliant with Cyber Essentials Accreditation Certification.
We will hold your personal data at all times within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
We keep your personal data for only as long as is required to provide you fulfil the purposes we collected it for as set out in this Privacy Notice, and in line with our obligation under applicable law. This means that we will generally not keep your personal data for longer than six years following your last interaction with us, and the actual retention period will often be shorter. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. You may contact us for further information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights we need to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information.
Your right of access
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies.
Your right to rectification
You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies. You can read more about this right here.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances. You can read more about this right here.
Your right to restriction of processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances. You can read more about this right here.
Your right to object to processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your information in certain circumstances. You can read more about this right here.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you. This only applies to the information you have given us. You can read more about this right here.
You are not normally required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right at any time to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues but we would appreciate the chance to resolve any issues you have first. The contact details of the ICO can be obtained from the website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Your right to withdraw consent
You may at any time withdraw consent for your personal data to be processed by us for individual purposes, or for all purposes. This only applies where we are relying on your consent as a legal basis for processing. Our website at www.eco-surv.co.uk/ provides the capability for you to self-manage your consents. Alternatively, you may contact the Data Protection Manager at Industria Systems UK Ltd (please see contact details above).
Changes to our privacy notice
Duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.